AFA recommends prioritizing fiber-rich foods in the research programs of Title VII.
- Increase funding for the Specialty Crop Research Initiative.
- Increase funding for the Urban, Indoor, and Emerging Agricultural Initiative.
- Increase funding for Sustainable Agriculture and Research Education (SARE).
- Prioritize projects under SARE whose research would advance understanding of farm transitions toward sustainable fiber-rich food crop production, like the transitions proposed in AFA’s FARMS Amendment.
- Increase funding for and promote research areas under AFRI’s Foundational and Applied Science Program that advance and optimize fiber-rich food production.