Switch 4 Good, Aug 18, 2021
Currently, AFA is working on legislation to incorporate into the next Farm Bill that will help animal farmers transition to plant-based farmers. In this episode, Laura delivers on subsidy 101 and elucidates on the problems and actions we all can take to make our dollars count.
Plant Paradigm Podcast, July 5, 2021
The key topics in today’s episode:
– Working with politicians, about AFA, where subsidies go, the monopolized market, shifting the market, farmer equity, dairy farm environmental impact, how to keep vested interests out, Follow the money, Net-Zero by 2050, lowering the cost of healthy food, Addressing racism, low hanging fruits in policies
The Vedge Talk Episode 84, April 2021
“In this conversation we covered:
– becoming vegan and starting her activism in Italy.
– the environmental impact of our food choices.
– how a Reddit AMA became the catalyst for AFA.
– learning about subsidies on feed crops and animal agriculture.
– helping farmers transition away from current agriculture practices. Listen 🎧
Episode 22, March 6, 2021
Laura Reese of the Agriculture Fairness Alliance (AFA) has dedicated herself to dismantling this rigged system. Laura breaks down the intricacies of the government subsidies and bailouts that keep animal agriculture doing business as usual even when demand for their product drops, undermining consumer choices and the free market. Listen 🎧
Bearded Vegans Ep. 254, Nov 11, 2020
“Connie Spence and Laura Montonye Reese explain why our tax dollars tend to counteract any potential good our consumer habits might be doing, and what we can do about that. If the murky world of lobbying, subsidies, and bailouts is confusing to you as it was to us, we hope this interview is illuminating, informative, and most importantly, inspirational.” – Paul and Andy of the Bearded Vegans Listen (the Commentist). 🎧
Climate Healers Oct 31, 2020
(this was the talk that first attracted Jane Velez Mitchell to become a member, and start the afa.farm/champions club)
Beyond Species, Ep 8, March 2020
Connie is a founding member of the Agriculture Fairness Alliance, based in the US. She speaks about the need for getting political, and to direct much-needed resources into lobbying for system change. Connie explains how the supply and demand rhetoric fails within a food system rigged by the government and the industry, resulting in overproduction and stockpiling. A holistic approach is needed if we want to achieve animal liberation. Listen (apple podcast). 🎧